Today I went to Dominion (now called Metro, but I keep referring to it as Dominion) and saw these ginormous scallops for $9.99/lb. I picked up four of them and they were just under 1lb so you can pretty much guess how big they were. I went home and made seared scallops on fettucini with garlic and infused olive oil (you guessed it, that's what the title means). I'm surprised that my infused oil still tastes so good since I've left it sitting there "infusing" for the last oh, five six years LOL!!
So steps to my creation (if anyone's interested):
1. Drop handfuls of the following into extra virgin olive oil: fresh rosemary, fresh garlic, whole black peppercorns, chili pepper flakes.
2. Let infuse for five, six years...or less according to taste =P
3. Boil fettucini and drain. Make sure it's al dente.
4. Pat scallops dry with paper towels and season with lemon herbs, pepper, salt and bread with breadcrumbs.
5. Heat oil in a pan and sear scallops for 1 minute on each side.
6. Transfer to casserole and bake in 350C for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake!
7. Press a couple of cloves of garlic and add to infused oil. Heat gently (so that the garlic is not so raw and yes, olive oil burns quickly so hence heat gently) and toss with fettucini.
8. Arrange fettucini on plate and top with a couple of scallops. Garnish with something green if you wish. (I didn't have any, obviously)


No comments:
Post a Comment