Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, New Beginnings

... and that's a wrap!  Twenty twelve is over already!  I'm happy to say I've accomplished quite a bit in the past year.  I've turned a new page in life by welcoming my dear CLM, conquered a short bout of PPD, successfully finished P365, and discovered a new appreciation for those around me, especially Mom.  Not to sound cliché, but I LOVE YOU MARMAR!

So!  Catching up with where I left off: CLM has not been sleeping very well again!  What's new? Last night, he woke up at 12:45am and didn't go back to sleep until after 3am.  Then he woke up this morning at 6:30am.  I have no idea how this boy can go with such little sleep.  Not that he makes up for it during the day at nap time either.  He's the first baby I've met who developed dark circles under his eyes due to lack of sleep.  WHAT am I going to do with him?!?

Photobucket
Parties amongst parties to screw up CLM's already screwed up sleeping schedule.  Poor CLM.

Christmastime is always an excuse to get together with friends and family to eat and chill so poor CLM's schedule was all screwed up!  Since the oyster party at Karen's, where he got freaked out from all the people, he's been crazy clingy and kept waking up multiple times at night.  Funny thing is, he will wake up, climb up the side of his crib and stand there yelling for me to go get him.  The other night was pretty freaky when I happened to look over to his crib in the dark, and suddenly see a little hand reach over the railing.  Totally reminded me of some random horror flick.  Then his little head poked up.  哎呀, 阿媽心血少啊!

Besides babbling at a mile a minute, nonstop "boo" 口水, CLM does the funniest goodbye gesture.  It's very 含蓄.  We call it "含蓄的拜拜".  So 含蓄 and so cute!  He still likes long, thin sticks in which he can pass from hand to hand and rap on hard surfaces to make sounds.  When he's up to it, he'll occupy himself by throwing an object like a highlighter across the room, crawling up to it to pick it up, then throw it in the opposite direction so he can crawl towards it again.  Keeps repeating it over and over until the highlighter ends up somewhere where he can't reach, lol.

Food wise, CLM is still an avid avocado lover.  Still enjoys eating his plain, unflavoured yogurt, his Mum Mum crackers and recently started liking blueberries and Cheesestrings!  He is finally experimenting with putting things in his mouth.  Good thing it's only food, haha.

Photobucket
 I'm so happy with my new toy!
For the record, we named the moose"含蓄的 moo-sie" because we can get one of its antlers to wave a 含蓄的拜拜.

I hosted the 12th annual oyster party at Karen's this year and despite the nasty freezing rain, everyone showed up!  It was great!  Yummy food, slurpy oysters, fresh sushi and best of all, great friends to eat all the food and spend the evening with!

Between all the parties and gatherings I'm glad I had a chance to get a much needed 40 minute massage over the weekend.  Haven't had a massage since going with 可可 in July!

Here's to an upcoming year of great health, good laughs, and hoping everyone will 心想事成 (and I hope to get more sleep, lol)!

2013, here I come!

1 comment:

可可 said...

Happy new year to you, Mr. Man, and little CLM!

Wakaka. I get mentioned on your New Year blog post? I feel so special. :) That's also a reminder I need a massage soon too. (Just as soon as I fixed my back.)

I couldn't stop LOL when I read about CLM reaching out the crib. After they can stand on the crib, they will reach out, and learn how to better use different crying expressions (and sounds) to get you to carry him at night - sometimes I think babies deserve an Oscar award. :)

CLM's new year resolution: I need to sleep better in the new year. :D