Sunday, January 20, 2013

Backlogged...

Jan21, 7:30 am, at home in bed
Okay, I better catch up with my blogging before I get totally backed up. Today we're off to Macau for a few days. I'm totally stoked to go Macau with mom. Finally get to see the town where she grew up WITH her. It'll be great to hear her childhood stories as we walk through the city together. Can't wait!

Back to yesterday, Sunday. Yes, dimsum at Elements again, the entire time I was Whatsapp-ing Meishan. I got tired of typing so by the time dimsum was over, I just called her to rant, lol.

That's 4 for 5.  Sigh...
CNY decorations going up everywhere
As per normal itineraries, we went to visit 阿嫲, followed by 寶福山 to 拜阿爺. 阿嫲's really lost a lot of her memory though. She claims I haven't been back at all to see her. Omg, I'm like the grandchild from overseas that sees her most. Omg. At least she seems healthy otherwise.

After a kazillion blurry shots, finally one that's decent.
寶福山 on the other hand, was really busy! There was so much smoke I smelled like a walking bbq for the rest of the day. Blah...felt like puking. Funny how 太上文太 told 文生's grandfather that she brought me there to see him. I'm thinking, I brought YOU...She didn't even know what temple he was in! Omg, I'm sure I've been there more times than she had in the last 5 years.

Pretty flowers I got for 阿爺.  So vibrant (and so cheap, lol).  I wonder if he had a thing for bright flowers?
As per norm again, we went to the 沙田新城市廣場 for a quick drink (that place was packed) and then went to 大圍 for 燒乳鴿. Yet again CLM was complaining so we just quickly ate and left. The shrimp we had were awesome! The second I bit into it I knew they were fresh. So sweet and succulent!

Most expensive 凍檸茶 I've ever had in HK and it wasn't even good :( I knew I should have lined up for Starbucks
Shrimp was so fresh!  Pigeon was crispy and juicy!
We finished dinner at around 7 pm, went home to pack for Macau and called it a night. (1:40pm)

CLM finally cracking a smile after days of misery

No comments: