2:53am, at home
When we landed yesterday, we took our sweet little time to freshen up at the airport before heading out to immigration check and as a result, no wait and no pushy people rushing to get their checked luggage. I wanted to grab a new prepaid SIM for immediate internet access but of course with my luck, the 2 stores I went to either didn't carry the one I wanted or sold out. Sigh. Hence I waited until after dinner to run out to 7 Eleven and even then, I had to go to two different ones! That card is just too popular I guess. A week of unlimited data on an HSPA+ network for $78HKD ($10CAD) is pretty darn good compared to what we pay for a prepaid service. This is the first time I've ever used mobile internet while away. I like. Hee hee.
阿嬸 knows I'm a sucker for good food so she bought some 大閘蟹 for dinner. Although they're totally not in season, I loved the thoughtfulness and the crab were actually pretty sweet, despite lacking in the 蟹膏 department (and the one I had was male, so even more lacking).
![]() |
| Not really big, but still pretty good! |
![]() |
| Looks like they invaded 深井 |
Got up shortly after 8am and got ready for our first real day out. A coincidence that cousin Aiyi from England is here visiting with her daughter and hubby so we all went out to Elements for dimsum. We were pressed for time so we didn't end up shopping there but I still managed to pick up my Armani make up. Can't believe they changed the packaging so I had to get a new case! Freaking hell.
![]() |
| Dimsum at Lei Garden |
I also had a chance to source out some printers to print Greenpark's lucky envelopes. Found a place that could do it for half the price compared to what they're paying over there for better looking and larger envelopes. So after whatsapp-ing with Mario, my trip just turned business, lol. Now if only they can just pay for my vacation...
Walked into a travel agency to inquire about a side trip and it looks like we'd be going to Taiwan and not Japan. Works for me! I still have lots of Taiwan cash from last time.
What's a trip to Hong Kong without looking at jewelry? Lol, found a really nice 0.7ct ring, F, SI1 with certification, for only $29,600HKD ($2,840CAD). So pretty and quite cheap for the size! I think I just convinced Mui to buy it, lol.
Dinner time rolled around pretty quickly and I was a starving monster (since I didn't get my pie!) so we went back to 阿叔車房 and we headed out to 屯門 for suckling pig! Oh so crunchy and so juicy! Me likes! So cheap too, 4 of us, 6 dishes and under $700HKD out the door. Fantabulous! What was even better was CLM falling asleep just as we got there and slept through the entire peaceful dinner. Nice! Enroute home we grabbed dessert from 發記 and I got my fix of 楊枝金露.
![]() |
| Been looking forward to this! I can still hear the crunchy skin... |







No comments:
Post a Comment