Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lost Money?

11:06am, near 牌坊
CLM woke up a few times last night so I can't say I slept well. This morning we were all up and ready to go by 9 am but CLM was fussy again. So different from yesterday when he was giggling and generally all smiles.

We walked to some 街市 and had some 排當腸粉. Mom's friend asked if I wanted to eat in a restaurant and of course I said no! What's the point of 街邊腸粉 if we eat it indoors?

Wah, so good and so full of 街邊風味
Since Mui and Steph indicated that they liked the pantyhose we bought yesterday, we went back to get more. That's when I noticed I may have lost $2000! Noooo! That's now going to bother me forever. Poopie. (11:15am)

Jan25, 2:31am, at home in bed
Check out time was 12pm so we quickly grabbed a quick slurp of tofu flower from the place mom keeps raving about before heading back to the hotel. That's when I rummaged through everything and found the $2000! Phew!

More slurpy goodness!
We checked out and walked over to the harbour to visit the golden lotus. Finally! I've been to Macau so many times but never had a chance to go. Snapped a bunch of touristy pictures and off we went. Took all of 5 minutes lol. Our last meal in Macau was from this random restaurant near the lotus and the food was only meh at best. Sigh, besides the Portuguese egg tart, 腸粉, 炖奶 and 豆腐花, nothing was worth writing home about. I'm spoiled, lol.

There, now I can say I've been here

Now this place was definitely not worth the money
Our 3:30 pm ferry successfully brought us back to busy Hong Kong and we took a taxi back to Hung Hom to hitch a ride back home with 阿叔. While waiting for him to get off work, we went to McDonald's and finally got to eat the red bean pie! There is a big chance I will have it again before I leave only because I got a savings card that gives me free pies when I buy a drink. Win!

Finally!  Mmmm... That double sundae deserves honourable mentions too.  Haven't had a sundae in so long

I was so tired that I crashed right after dinner and didn't bother with blogging. And now it's 3 and I'm still one day behind. Omg. (2:54am)

No comments: