Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Airborne!

10:44am Toronto time, during flight
Okay Blogger, you better not let me down!

Running on just an hour of sleep, I must say I'm pretty awake! This morning, we were supposed to get to the airport by 5am to be on the safe side (I didn't know what to expect at security check since I have several containers of food for Cur exceeding 100mL) but we didn't get to leave until after 5! So much for that idea, lol.

Despite checking in yesterday and printing off our boarding passes AND making sure that it was okay that the AC ticketing agent screwed up and placed Cur's seat with 太上文太 instead of me, we STILL had problems! First, the stupid machine didn't print my luggage tags, then we had to line up to check in again, then at the gate I was given attitude for Cur's seat being wrong! Stupid AC.

So instead of priority boarding, we ended up being one of the last to board the plane. Sheesh!
As per normal, I ask for water and Gravol right before take off and just as I wanted to take a sip of my much needed hydration, Curtasee spilled the entire cup of water on my lap! 真係唔知好嬲定好笑!

Our plane took off at about 8:12am and much to my surprise, Curtasee has been behaving pretty well on this flight so far. I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed though. It's a long ride still.

Call me a moron though. Since our flight stops in Vancouver, meals aren't included unless you show you're going to Hong Kong. Well stupid me didn't hear the "if" part so I was left without food...sigh. Will know better for next time. (11:15am)

12:37pm, during flight
We're now landing in Vancouver. So far the ride has been decent since this flight isn't full. The next one will be really crowded though. (12:40pm)

11:41am Vancouver time (2:41pm Toronto time), Vancouver international airport
We're back on the same plane now and 13.5 hours later we will be in Hong Kong! This flight is so full it's not even funny. A lot of the carry ons need to be checked since there's absolutely no space left. Good thing for priority boarding.

Hong Kong here we come! (11:45am)

1:02pm, during flight
Sigh, as if I have the ability to jinx everything. CLM isn't really cooperating. Because the flight is full, I'm not lucky enough to have an empty seat next to me. Cur kept going into the lady's things! He started bawling when I wouldn't let him grab her tea. Now I sent him over to 太上文太so I can at least eat my pretzels in peace. Oh dear Lord I can still hear him. Sigh. This is going to be a long flight. (1:08pm)

1:35pm, during flight
I just wolfed down a lunch of chewy coleslaw, salty chicken with baby pasta and a chocolate mousse that tastes more like whipped topping that Starbucks used for their mocha cookie crumble frappuccino. I don't think I've ever eaten lunch that quickly. My intentions were to finish in record time so I can relieve whichever grandma it is back there that has Cur. BUT! My efforts are wasted, I burned my tongue for nothing as Mr Man's mom refused to give me back MY son because he fell asleep. I asked many times but she still refused. So she's sitting there, eating with her left hand, Cur looking retarded in the position he's sleeping in and me being persistent and she wouldn't give him up. Meanwhile, the bassinet in front of me is empty and the flight attendants are all wondering what happened to Cur. I'm not impressed. (1:42pm)

3:00pm, during flight
Napped on and off for an hour. Now wondering if I should go get Curtasee back, lol. (3:01pm)

The sky's not really that blue...lol

No comments: