Saturday, January 19, 2013

Going to Taiwan! and Macau

Jan20, 11:57am, Lei Garden @ Elements
Omg, dimsum again. I'm going to be dimsum'd out pretty soon. Four days here and 3 dimsum dates already. Omg.

Last night I was so tired I passed out right away after getting home. Well, right away means after I got everything tidied up and CLM into bed.

又飲茶, *facepalm

So, dimsum in the morning at Tsuen Wan 潮江春 and then we made 妙珠姨 come into Tsuen Wan (I felt so bad, we were supposed to go out to Mong Kok). Booked our tickets to Macau and Taiwan, walked around 新城 before it dawned on me that I had to call Emmi. Funny thing was, she wasn't even awake yet (it was quarter after three). She couldn't figure out where to eat so we headed over to 愉景新城 while she got ready. I had my first Starbucks in Hong Kong and as I guessed, their venti's are smaller than ours. The barista was surprised at my custom green tea frappuccino, which wasn't even complicated. That actually surprised me.

Venti, unsweetened, 8 matcha, soy green tea Frappuccino
(one less scoop of matcha for the missing 2oz, lol)

Emmi decided to come over to Kowloon so I took the opportunity to exchange some money first.  Omg, when I got to the foreign exchange I always go to in TST, I saw that the sign said the exchange rate was 7.75. Then an older dude poked his head out and said that the rate had changed to 7.72. So I thought what the hell, I'll change anyway because I was really running low on cash! Turns out that the markets "are closed" and the CAD rate dropped so to be safe (for them), they wanted 7.65! All in the span of a few minutes while I decided how much to exchange. Of course I was a little upset so I was going to walk but Emmi! She was livid! Entered into a huge catfight-like argument with the owner's daughter...I felt kinda upset but not that upset! Lol...So the lady agreed to give me the 7.72 rate, and "影 Emmi 相". So dramatic lol.

Saturday night eating out meant lots of people and no tables so Emmi suggested we eat earlier. We actually sat down at 6 pm. Only she didn't know the restaurant she picked at iSquare was an all you can eat shabu shabu. None of us were hungry enough for AYCE so we left. Oops, lol.  We ended up walking next door to a yakiniku restaurant and had wagyu! Sweet!

Lemme at that wagyu!

During dinner, CLM was acting up again (poor guy, he was so tired) but good thing the server seated us at the very back of the restaurant so damage was minimal. Over topics of babies, Emmi told me she's getting married in October this year! I'm so happy for her! Then I started giving her tips on prepping her body for babies, lol. Although I'd really like to attend her wedding, I don't think I'd be able to make it for October 30 (which happens to be a Wednesday, lol).

Mammie! I need to sleep!!

After buying Alan's stuff at Mark and Spencer, we took the mtr home and got in at around 10 pm. (Jan21, 7:21 am - yup this post took a whole day)

CLM looked so stoned, lol

No comments: