Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Dec 15, 2003 - 10:47pm MTR (from Tsim Sha Tsui)

I can't believe it's almost 11:00pm and the subway is packed with people as if it's rush hour! I'm currently taking the MTR back to Tsuen Wan from Tsim Sha Tsui.

After brunch this morning, we went back to Dianna's cousin's salon so that she could get her hair washed and blow dried. Why? Don't ask, I dunno! As she got nauseous from the hair wash, we sat around until after 12 until we made our way out to Flower Market & Bird Streets and then made our way to Fa Yuen Street (女人街). We walked up and down Fa Yuen, Tung Choi, Sai Yeung Choi and ate cool stuff like extra spicy octopus, fresh jackfruit, and crunchy but soft 雞蛋仔. mmm... yum =p... Unfortunately, Dianna pk'd so we sat down at 大快活 so she could rest up. There was this rude, psycho, pathetic guy that sat at the table next to us and talked to an imaginary person across from him. He had bought an extra dinner for his "friend". When people went to 搭台, he would say (impolitely) that the seat was taken. Then he would stand up and walk away and if someone attempted to sit down or clear the table, he would run back and yell at them. Weird person.

I finally found the 金城武 calendar. Finally! I bought Maurice and Tinlop a jacket. I hope the like it. After Dianna left, I walked down Nathan Road to see if I can take more pics. I found some more horses to take pics of and then found the Tsim Sha Tsui Police Station. I was tempted to go to Temple Street but people told me not to go alone so I passed by and went straight through to Tsum Sha Tsui MTR station. Across from there should be another police station but it was on top of a small mountain and I couldn't get access. Poopie. So I proceeded southbound and ended up at the harbour. I couldn't resist taking pics! So pretty!

(at home now) Since I couldn't do much with the normal camera, I tried the digital one. OMG, my hands kept shaking so the pics were weird. Oh yeah, almost forgot. Before Dianna left, we went to buy film. Well Kodak 400 36 exp, 10 rolls for $140. Cheap right? After all I did pay $60 for 3. So we asked for a discount for buying 20. They said no. Fine, we paid and left. Then we realized that they had bagged 30 rolls of film!! So, Dianna and I both got 15 rolls for $140. That's less than $2 CAD a roll! 36 exp too!

So back to my story at Tsim Sha Tsui. I walked by the Space Centre, Arts Centre and took some pics. Hope they turn out well. So then I walked back to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station and bought a CD. I took the MTR back to Tsuen Wan and asked where to take the bus (van). Yay! I found it and made it back home for $4.70 (opposed to $52 taxi). Yay! Came back, showered and now my feet ache. Tomorrow, I'm supposed to meet up with Dianna's cousins and have buffet. Then I think we're going to Lantau.

No comments: