I'm still chuckling at the comment made by the 路人甲 waiting in line behind us while we were enjoying our vendor dogs, "唔係遊客都唔食熱狗喇!" Ya, we drove over an hour to get downtown since the highway was packed, so there's some truth to it I suppose.
Highlight of the afternoon was definitely the bellinis that we had a Milestones...yum! Slurped them up in no time. Very yummy! Can't wait for Saturday when we go celebrate 細 V's birthday at Moxie's where we can get it twice as big for a fraction of the price.
Probably the only thing I miss about living downtown is the great samples they give out at Dundas Square. Just before we left, we were given two bottles of VH cooking sauces, Vindaloo and Tikka Masala. I skimmed through the label and didn't quite like the idea of having to use the entire 341mL bottle of sauce to make just 4 servings of a dish (which equals only 2 servings for 文生 and I). After all, sauces are supposed to only compliment a dish, right? Well, maybe except pasta sauce, LOL. I'm usually not a fan of using cooking sauces since I don't believe you can get authentic flavours like you do from making things from scratch. I still don't get why people buy 李錦記 麻婆豆腐、宮保雞丁 sauces. It's so easy to make! Then again, not everyone likes keeping 18 different bottles of hot sauces in their fridge. LOL! That being said, I was determined to give the VH sauces a try. My hopes weren't exactly high when I used the Tikka Masala sauce to make lunch for today. Just finished it and my thoughts, meh... it's not very flavourful. Will probably not buy it again. Now I'm definitely not betting my pennies on the Vindaloo sauce.I wonder how much these bottles retail for?


4 comments:
hahahahahahahaha so the shopping cart was still there when you left?
yep...fully stocked...
I love how it's nothing like the T&T fishball tasting stations that's hoarded by Chinese si lai's every weekend...
Did you try your sauce yet?
I wonder if we can these sauce to "spice up" our baking or drinks...
the bottle of vindaloo sauce is 極甜...
Post a Comment