"Our system is not responding right now. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our technical team has been alerted and is working on resolving the problem."
My ass. Their system has not worked ever since I tried for the first time 8 days ago. Typical Microsoft. So days pass and I didn't get to call back until now, so while I'm still on hold waiting for a "technical support rep" (who the hell did I call in the first place then?), I thought I'd jot down the contents of the pathetic conversation for the record.
MS: what are you calling about?
me: Microsoft Arc mouse.
MS: what is that?
me: a mouse.
MS: can you spell that please?
me: (wtf?) A-R-C m-o-u-s-e
MS: what brand is your Microsoft mouse? Dell? Toshiba?
me: (am I on the wrong planet?!?) uh, Microsoft?
MS: what brand is your computer?
me: Asus.
MS: Acer?
me: no, Asus.
MS: is it Acer?
me: (I'm not getting anywhere) no, it's Asus.
MS: can you spell that please? Is it a-c-e-r?
me: NO! a-s-u-s! Asus!
MS: did you buy your mouse with the computer?
me: no.
MS: where did you buy your mouse?
me: (what difference does it make?!?!) at a computer store.
MS: oh, a computer store. Nice. Please stay on the line while I retrieve some information.
25 minutes later...
MS: thank you for holding Ms. Joyce, I will have to transfer you to technical support. Please continue to hold...
Argh! At least the next hold was short and sweet. The hardware tech rep actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about and didn't talk to me like I was an idiot, although he did ask me if I put the batteries in correctly (*facepalm). After the entire fiasco, I should be getting a new mouse in 7-10 business days. Nice enough of him to remind me that I have 3 years warranty on the mouse instead of 1.
We'll see how long that one lasts...or if it ever gets here...


1 comment:
"Microsoft Arc Mouse"
"what is that?"
hahahhahhhaa.
I think even one of those voice recognition phone system would have been less pathetic.
Post a Comment