Jul.21.10 - 1:46p1:30pm take off time. 都算 on time bor! Thanks once again Tinlop for bringing me on yet another trip la! 都唔知幾開心!
This morning I got up at 7:50am-ish and finished my packing, took a shower and left with 文生 to hitch a ride with him down to Bayview Station. After so many years not having to take TTC, I felt like a free walker! Sigh... Got down to mommy's at 10:30am (!!) and left for the airport with Tinlop after a quick McD's cheeseburger takeout.
There are soo many open seats on this flight we couldn't get first class but hopefully we'll get on the direct flight back to TO where we are SURE we'd be in first! Kwaakakakaka!! Talk about being spoiled rotten! KWAH! Can't wait to see what the capital of the Land of the Rising Sun has in store for us for the next few days. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the 33C+ weather that will be waiting for us when we land. Hope I don't melt like I did in Rome!
The FA's are now coming around with the first round of beverages and pretzels. (1:54p)
Jul.21.10 - 2:00p
The pretzels are actually Maized and Confused Corn Chips. What the hell does maized mean? and how confused can corn chips be? Probably not as confused as I am now. (2:02p)
Jul.21.10 - 2:50p
Just finished lunch of a really crappy (why am I even surprised?) beef teriyaki with soggy pet pet rice and a tomato cucumber salad. OMG, I'm really spoiled... food in first class is so much better! Learned something new today: alcohol is free in economy class on international flights. Didn't know that!
Jul.21.10 - 6:31p
Napped for a bit, but not really able to sleep lor. It's kinda chilly in the cabin and now I'm kinda hungry and extremely bored. (6:34p)
Jul.23.10 (4:32a local)
Dozed on and off in between watching episodes of 搜下留情 and snacked on my first ever Cup Noodle. "Breakfast" of congee and fruit was served about an hour and a half before landing at 1:00p Tokyo time which is 13 hours ahead of TO. So by the time we landed at Narita International Airport 成田国際空港 at 2:30p, we've already lost half a day!
Upon landing, Tinlop and I were greeted with a very clean airport and really nice people. Ahhh, such a polite and civilized country JP is! We passed through immigration quickly, having our fingerprints and photo taken and off we went to take the bus out into Tokyo! Local weather is hazy, humid and a whopping 33C but luckily (unlike our Roman Sweatbox Extravaganza of last year) our bus was VERY well air conditioned.
1 hour 45 minutes later, we arrived at Shinjuku Station 新宿駅 and quickly found our way to our lovely "cozy" hotel! If I recall correctly, the room is even smaller than the one in the love hotel mui and I stayed at in Osaka, LOL! We thought about switching to a now available twin room, but after one night decided against the hassle. After a quick shower and settling in, we headed out on our first rendezvous with Tokyo!
Our official first night in Tokyo saw us wandering around the Shinjuku Station area checking out the department store food levels, LOL, and eventually having some really yummy cold soba noodles for dinner. Afterward, we decided to head to Shibuya 渋谷 to check out the "Times Square" of Tokyo and wandered the surrounding area a bit before heading back to the hotel because both Tinlop and I had gone over 24 hours without much sleep (only a few hours on the plane).


No comments:
Post a Comment