Every thing looked good ... up until 5 minutes into the oven (well, let's skip the part about my aunt calling and yelling at me for asking Steph to come out on a rainy evening) when I peered in and noticed NO FEET!!! Well, in macaron words, no feet = fail. Well then again, crooked feet = fail and cracked shell = fail, hollow interior = fail, lumpy shell = fail, dried cookie = fail, soggy filling = fail and... well, the list goes on. No feet... I couldn't believe it. I got some crooked feet last time, even a few with nice feet! Just a somewhat hollow interior but you can't tell from looking at it anyway and this time... no feet! I'm disappointed!!!
People say rainy days are bad for macarons, like a hungry Tin-Lop... BAD. Not to mention I think the batter still needed a bit of mixing... and the almond meal was probably not fine enough... next time I think I should grind the sugar with the almonds and then sift (and try not to make almond butter again, LOL)... maybe invest in a nicer pan, or a silpat, or both... aiya... epic fail LOL~
Made 豆沙 from scratch too!! So creamy and smooth...
But why no feet?!?!? Nooooooo! and yes, they're a little burnt too...At least the almond cookies tastes okay with the 豆沙. That would mean I can go ahead and make it again on a drier day and hope the shells turn out nicely enough to fill (and possibly give away).
Sigh... the quest continues...
Sigh... the quest continues...



No comments:
Post a Comment