Monday, May 17, 2010

夾死你呀!!

I don't remember playing in supermarket turnstiles much when I was a kid. Maybe I did but just don't remember. I'm sure I've never had my head stuck in between one for sure.

文生 and I was at 兆豐 yesterday and just as we approached the entrance, we saw three little girls happily playing in the turnstile; running in and crawling under the bar, just to circle in again, giggling the entire time. I'm guessing two of them were about 4ish and the other one was about 6 or 7. Parents were no where to be seen. They were all over the floor, filthy, yuck! Just as I was getting impatient, the older girl of the three climbed over the rod instead of crawling under (I'm guessing since she's older and bigger so she didn't want to crawl under) but the other two were too eager to take their turn to go around so she got her head trapped between the rotating gate and the rod. Now that she's stuck, panic slowly crept across her face. The other two girls were still pushing the gate, squishing her even more but luckily she was smart enough to push against them to save her neck. So at this point the two little girls realized their playmate is stuck and sat in silence as she tried to free herself in the small little gap that's left to keep her breathing. Seriously man, kids are flexible and all but they can shrink their heads too! So as she held back her tears from embarrassment and miraculously slipped through the what seem like only a 6 inch gap, the other girls starting laughing AT her!! So while a passerby 婆婆 looked on, I glared at one of the laughing girls and said, "笑咩呀, 笑?!?!" Now all three of them sat on the floor, speechless and terrified, and stared at me. I continued, "Now move out of the way so WE can move!!" They scurried under the turnstile and stood there almost in tears and as I passed through, I turned to glare at the trapped one and added, "玩咩呢, 玩?!?! 夾死你呀!!" 文生 was nice enough (and had the patience) to see if they were okay while I stormed into the supermarket, cursing their parents for not looking after their kids.

When 文生 caught up to me, he looked at me in disbelief and said, "You really freaked them out! 三唔識七你都鬧成咁!" Geez, I think they freaked themselves out! If the trapped girl didn't push against the younger ones, she would have suffocated! Pfffmmmmph! I still believe if I didn't yell at them they'd never learn.

Well, now I know I traumatized 文生...greeeeaaaat.....sigh....

2 comments:

Faye Goo said...

Somebody need to discipline these kids!!! Kids are so spoiled these days and the parents are responsible!

細V said...

Wow the story freaked me out! Especially when a mother just ran over her kid last week and a grandma ran over her grand kid today on accident! Parents should take care of their kids better!