Monday, April 26, 2010

Semi Success....or Semi Failure?

Tonight, 文生 went out for dinner with his friend, making my night an EYT (eat-yourself-tonight, 食自己) kind of a night, so I decided to make something neat while making dinner for myself. Well, I was going to make mushroom risotto for dinner but unfortunately, I'm out of white wine. :( I ended up skipping the dinner part all together and just made my "neat" thing:

Green Tea Macaron - first try! Hoot!

Kwaaakakakakaka!! In my first attempt at making macarons, they turned out quite good!! Mind you, the entire batch looked like crap but at least this one turned out good looking! At the very least they taste like macarons: crunchy on the outside and soft & chewy on the inside with a nice green tea flavour. I'm surprised they're edible LOL~ Hence I'm going to look on the bright side of things and say that the attempt was a semi-success!

Now.....for dinner.....

2 comments:

可可 said...

Look very nice! Can I have an order of the green tea macaroon. :)

細V said...

Wow looks good! I fell in love with meringue cookies ever since my coworker gave me his homemade ones, i can't wait to try your macaroons!!