Monday, September 29, 2008

又收改?!?

I heard on the radio today that 金庸 at age 84, wants to amend his famous works again. I was thinking: "WTF?!? Again?!?" The last I heard, a few years ago he made changes to one of my favourite novels 射鵰英雄傳 and made a 師生戀 out of 黃藥師 and 梅超風. I told myself I'm NEVER going to read the revised version. He's screwing up my fave novel!! Then I heard that he changed it so that 尹志平 didn't rape 小龍女. It's been so many years already and people have accepted the storylines, so why change it? They were saying that as an author, 金庸 feels that his work is not "perfect" yet so it's a given that he would like to amend his work accordingly. Also, people wants to study his state of mind when he was in his 30's (original work), 50's (first amendments) compared to now while in his 80's. So this time around, he wants to get rid of a few of the girls in 鹿鼎記 as it's not ethical for one man to be with seven women in today's society. Well, DUH!! That's why 鹿鼎記 didn't take place in today's world!!

I'm devastated.

1 comment:

細V said...

No way!!! 韋小寶 is not 韋小寶 if he doesn't have 7 wives!

Maybe 金庸 wants to cover the fact that he ever fantasized in polygamy.. :P