Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What's for Dinner?

I hate grocery shopping on a full stomach but even worse, I despise grocery shopping on an empty. Of course, I just had to go get groceries on Monday after work, when I was super hungry. The funny thing was, I didn't use half of the stuff I bought until last night. Go figure.

Dinner on Monday wasn't anything to write home about only because I was starving by the time I got home so I just put together a large salad, some natto, reheated 蘿蔔糕 that mom made, and had one of them cassis macarons, that I made the other day, for dessert. Simple.

Last night, on the other hand, was a different story. Not uncommon these days, 文生 had a group meeting so I was left to cook and eat by myself again. I decided to do something different so I made a quick white pizza to satisfy my immediate hunger then made an asparagus-stuffed pork tenderloin with fig and balsamic sauce. It was quite yummy! Much more work than my white pizza that's for sure!

"White" pizza with parmigiano reggiano, spring mix, prosciutto, olive oil, pepper

Asparagus-stuffed pork tenderloin with fig and balsamic sauce - leftovers for lunch!

Cassis macarons aka Pierre Herme's Envie

Next up on my list of things to make: Salmon Natto Yukke!

No comments: