Sunday, January 30, 2011

Seafood Sunday

Jan. 31 – 5:58am
Another record time for not sleeping! Well, actually I cheated. I didn’t sleep at all last night because I was FREEZING like, I mean I curled up into a ball and still couldn’t get warm. I must have finally fallen asleep at 7ish? and woke up again at
8:40am so running on fumes the entire day put me at a point where I had to go to sleep at like 10:30pm. and I did….only to wake up again at 2am and go out again. Hahaha!

Today was a comfortable day as I didn’t have to take any public transit. Being a Sunday, I took the opportunity to go visit 阿嫲 after the 例牌飲茶 episode at 利苑 at Element. OMG, the last few times I saw her she was all smiles but this time, all she did was cry! I think she’s gotten to a point where she’s hallucinating or maybe dreaming and freaking out her maid, Jessie. She kept saying she saw people coming in through her window and taking her belongings, then “escaping” through the same window. Now wouldn’t you be scared? Especially since she can’t see or hear very well anymore. I had to go yell in her ear before she could barely hear me. Her speech was getting disorganized and she couldn’t tell the difference between the present and the past. It’s so sad!

Since she kept us there longer than expected, we had to rush out and head to 沙田 before 寳福山 closed for the day to 拜阿爺. This time I was smart, keke, I went to the office to find out where 文生’s grandfather was before going up so we wouldn’t have a problem finding him. The visit was a short one.

Tinlop had left Element to go to 鴨記 with Sandra so we went to pick him up to head into 西貢 for seafood. Maurice wanted to tag along, so we stuffed him in the car as well and the 5 of us had dinner at 全記. I originally wanted to pay the bill but of course, 阿嬸 beat me to it AGAIN! The bill must have been since we had 辣酒花螺、聖子、海膽、海膽炒飯、白灼機圍蝦、拉尿蝦、墨魚、班腩. Sigh, I need to get them something (and disown Maurice).

We ended up going back to 深井發記 for dessert and of course, Maurice had the nerve to tag along again. We had the usual 楊枝金露、mango pancake, 芒果糯米糍 and also ordered 糖不芒果棉花冰 despite the freezing weather. It was very yummy as usual! Notice that everything was 芒果、芒果and more 芒果! Kwaaakakakakaka!! Mango freak...

Mango Pancake from 發記. So yummy!!!

芒果棉花冰. OMG, melt-in-your-mouth goodness!!!

It was only shortly after 9pm when we came home but I quickly checked email, showered, and texted 梁生 before crashing. Found out he got off work at 2am (on a Sunday?!?!?!) so after my 4-hour-1 sleep cycle-“power nap”, I went over to his place next door to chat for a bit. While I noticed I was exceptionally warm, I also found a patch of hives on my leg!! Not wanting to chance ruining my vacation, I took a Reactine just to be safe. Had a short talk (3 hours only) and came home at 6am. Good thing he still lives next door. So much for sleeping and recharging, LOL. Gotta be up by 8am to catch a ride out to Hung Hom with 阿叔 so I could get a much needed haircut. That leaves me, oh, 1.5 hours? Hmm, wondering if I should call mom… (6:40am)

No comments: