Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day Out With Sandra (and 兔 B)!

Jan. 30 – 4:34am
This morning, I woke up at 8:30am and left with Tinlop to do some shopping in Tsuen Wan. We got out there at 9:45ish and bought 腸粉, 魚蛋 and 燒買 again for breakfast. Bought some clothes and Tinlop’s SIM card and finally got a hold of Sandra and Maurice at around noon.

腸粉 for breakfast! I've been waiting for this!

We met up and went to 九龍城 to have Thai food! Yum yum, non-Canadianized THAI! Tom yum soup, raw shrimp, red curry, satay skewers, roti, 馬拉盞通菜 – it was good… after lunch, which was like 3:00pm already, we went to 清真牛肉館 to have a 煎牛肉餅. WAH, it was sooooo juicy and soupy!! The beef was not tough at all and it tasted like 鍋貼.

Raw shrimp? Bring 'em on!

Waiting for takeout outside 清真牛肉館

We walked off all the calories by walking to the nearby 九龍寨城公園 and soaked in some 攻心計ness. OMG, I haven’t been there in 7 years! Funny though, Sandra kept saying she wanted to go Ocean Park and I haven’t been there in 20 years! Too bad, I don’t think we can find time to go with her working schedule.

I love this park! Isn't it purdy and relaxing?

Afterwards, we walked to Lok Fu to take the MTR one stop to Festival Walk, where we did more walking and shopping. While we were there, we took more pics of the nice CNY decorations that I’m totally not used to seeing since every time I’ve been here it’s been Christmas.

Maurice left to have dinner with his family so we proceeded to head down to TST where we got a GREAT exchange rate to get more HKD. The rate was sweet. Gotta come here to change money from now on. The three of us needed a pee break so I suggested we go leave our marks in the Peninsula Hotel. Brought back memories of the stupid high tea experience back in December 2008.

Tinlop somehow found out there was a lantern festival (like the one they have at Ontario Place) so we went down to the HK Cultural Centre to take pics. We even saw the cast of the Monkey King pose along the waterfront so I quickly snapped a pic of them. Sadly, we also witnessed a mainland mother who slapped her daughter twice. We were wondering WTF when later we found out that she slapped her because she wouldn’t pose for a photo. WTF?!?!?

Sandra (and 兔B of course) outside the Space Museum

By that time it was past 8:00pm and because I wanted my pork knuckle from King Ludwig Beerhall, we walked over to the TST location to have a late dinner. OMG, service was quite lacking there and the food is definitely better at the Stanley Murray House location. Maurice joined us again and brought along a bottle of French red wine, which we happily enjoyed on the street, outside Kowloon Park, before each heading home just after midnight. We ran into 黃德斌 on Mody Road just after dinner, wearing a long pair of white shorts, carrying a gymbag and smoking a cigarette. He looked so "吋", lol.

Finally a semi-decent night pic - freehand too!

While Maurice went back towards the island, Sandra, Tinlop and I walked our way to Jordan to take the red 飛天棺材, which brought us home in about 20 minutes.

Mario had sent me a deal to type up so when I got home, I went online and typed up the offer for him, chatted with Corrie, Mui and 細V for a bit and since it’s freaking freezing here and I couldn’t sleep, blogged the entire day’s activities. Wow, now that it’s 5am, I wonder if I should call 文生? (5:05am)

1 comment:

可可 said...

Ooo. The food looks so good...

I love that I get mentioned in you HK posts.. make me feel like I was there. :P