
I couldn't sleep much last night for some odd reason and was up at 7:45a this morning to get ready to go home! We checked out of our hotel at 8.30a and decided to take a taxi to the airport. We thought since our Paris transit passes expired yesterday, we'd split the taxi cost amongst us and the difference was for our peace of mind of not having to fuss about not getting there on time. Plus, we had asked the hotel reception the night before how much it'll cost us approximately and were told about 15€. OMFG, the taxi ride was f'n expensive! I mean, did I mention it was *^$#*&$#*^$ EXPENSIVE?? Like, with a capital F? Instead of our anticipated 15€, it was more like 52€!! Like FML!! After 3 disgruntled passengers got off the taxi, I whipped out my ipod and read the freaking Frommer's guidebook for the umteenth time to see if I've missed their "taxi tips" anywhere. Nope, no where to be seen. Apparently, there are 3 "zones" and depending on time of day of travel, there are also a 3 different rates. Little did we know, we were classified in RATE C (which of course is the most expensive rate at something outrageous like 1,31€ per click or something like that, being the rate for travel on a Sunday to the airport). On top of which we were charged 2€ for the
use of the trunk for our luggage, a "customary" 15% gratuity, AND a freaking pick up fee!!! So our supposedly $22.50 CAD taxi ride became a raping $78.00 CAD!!! I'm sure you can tell we were
NOT happy campers at that point.

We checked ourselves in, grabbed a bit of a bite to eat (I only had a croissant because now I'm broke from the taxi ride, LOL), and browsed the duty free shop for good buys. My spirits lifted a bit when I noticed the
really cheap wines and champagnes! I picked up a bottle of Moet Brut while Meishan happily snatched up a "heavily discounted" bottle of Dom Perignon. At 41€ and 119€ respectively, how can we go wrong? Well, actually we can. We didn't realize we were both allowed
two bottles each so we only bought one. I wanted a bottle of Dom too!! Oh well, better safe than sorry I suppose. We lined up at 10:30a to board what we thought was a plane only to find out that it was a shuttle bus that took us from the gate to the middle of a runway. We had to board the plane from outside. Talk about tacky. At least the plane took off on time. Sigh, our last day is rainy and miserable too! Bye bye Paris!

Nov.14.10 12:21p (Toronto time)
Almost home la! I'm just having a sweet potato salsa wrap and listening to the pod. Earlier I took a quick nap after having a lunch of spinach fettuccine with chicken in gravy and watching Karate Kid. My, Jaden Smith is pretty good.
No comments:
Post a Comment