Hives (Nov. 20-27)
Six days after I stepped foot off the plane, I had my first (and worst) hives episode from as far back as I can remember and at that point, hell broke loose. I was MISERABLE!!! Eight days of pure misery and agony. When no OTC medication worked for me, I finally gave in and went to York Central Emergency (Nov 24). Had my first IV (and hopefully last because it hurt!) and first taste of what it's like to be shot in the ab with adrenaline. Ouch~! I was dismissed after 2.5hrs of IV with a prescription for 3 antihistamines. Sigh, between taking Benadryl, Reactine, Prednisone and Zantac, I was pretty much a walking zombie for the rest of the week. Turned off the heat at home because it was causing the hives to flare up more so 文生 and I were in the cold until the allergy doctor told me it was okay to turn it back on (Dec. 02). The doctor told me since I was on Prednisone that I couldn't do a skin test so he sent me off to a lab to have a blood test done, then rescheduled me for the skin test in late January. He reassured me that the hives WILL come back in the meantime. GREAT. "Just keep taking the Reactine for another 2 weeks", he told me. WONDERFUL.
UTI (Nov. 29 - Dec. 07)
If my life wasn't miserable enough, I got UTI too. I had suspected it coming so I drowned myself in cranberry juice for a few days and by the time I was at the allergy doctor's, I was pretty sure it has gotten to a point where I needed antibiotics. So at the second visit to the walk in clinic in the span of a week, I was put on Macrobid. FML.... like, really. I was soooo close in calling off the ...
10th Annual Oyster Sushi Party (Dec. 04)At least the hives and the UTI were sort of under control. I was a walking wreak, but at least somewhat presentable. The party was lots of fun as always, greatest turnout since I wanted to 攪大佢 (30 people, including 7 kids!) with lots of food as it was potluck. Cindy ended up winning all the alcohol from the raffle. What a lucky girl, and she doesn't even drink! I had so much food left over that 文生 and I had enough to eat over the span of an entire week!! The food was great... I even got the sushi chefs at Taro to cut up the fish for temaki so it would be easier for us to handle. WIN!
Procter and Gamble Warehouse Sale (Dec. 05)
I woke up the next morning after the party and quickly did all my online stuff and even managed to catch a glimpse of RFD. Found out there was a P&G warehouse sale at the International Centre who were selling Tide liquid for $2 a bottle. Now, being the 師奶 that I am, I just had to go. I called up Meishan and met up with her there. I picked up quite a bit of stuff, including a nice portable back up battery charger BUT to my dismay, no Tide. People were buying them by the cases but unfortunately for Meishan and I, who both have HE washers, none for us. :( Boo. At least everything there was tax free. Still worth the drive in my opinion.
While at the warehouse sale, I got a follow-up call from the walk in clinic to see how I was doing. Wow, first time I got that kind of treatment from a doctor's office, let alone a walk in clinic. Nice.
Blog Makeover (Dec. 09)
I finally finished blogging about the Paris trip and since my blog looked the same since August 19, 2009, I decided to give it a little makeover. Took all of a few hours. At work. LOL.
黃子華棟篤笑20年娛樂圈血肉史2 @ Sony Centre (Dec. 11)
好好笑! because 黃子華 is just always 好笑. 文生 and I enjoyed ourselves at the show. I thought 大會 would have had his 嘩眾取寵 DVD for sale (like previous shows) but since this time the show wasn't for World Vision I had to buy the DVD elsewhere. 文生 and I watched 嘩眾取寵 on Sunday and we both found it be a tad better than this year's show.
Wrapping Presents for Work (Dec. 13-17)The entire week at work was spent packaging the 100+ Christmas gifts for our offices. I actually enjoyed putting them together; so festive! My office was totally transformed into the annual sweatshop/warehouse where boxes amongst boxes of panettone, nougat bars, biscotti, etc etc were stuffed into. At one point I had 26 cases of red wine, all wrapped up in gold foil, creating a gold fortress that surrounded my desk. 場面真壯觀.
Baking 101 @ Meishan's (Dec. 15)While packing gifts I had noticed a burning smell and after some investigation, we found out a new boiler was installed in the building. That day I remember I had a late lunch of pasta with cheddar cheese. Burning smell plus late lunch plus stuffy office full of presents = bad. I felt sooo dizzy lunch came up. TWICE. It was baaaad. Especially when all the garbage cans in my office were full. Sigh. Add to my pity for myself being sick. After my second round of barfiness, I still decided to go to Mei's for the bake date she set up. I cheated and bought Pillsbury gingerbread dough. It was good! Tinlop made shortbread cookies and Cindy made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. We started so late, Meishan didn't even get a chance to make her recipe. The night was labelled Baking 101 because both Tinlop and Cindy had no clue what they were doing, LOL.
Dinner with the Upper Village Gang (Dec. 16)
Mario decided to take us out for "nice" Chinese food so Larry picked 名門金宴. LOL~! I wasn't expecting to go there and we sure 斬到老細一頸血. There were 11 of us including Meishan and the bill was well over 7 舊 including gratuity. 老細好有品地給了 1 舊水貼士. O 晒嘴. Actually, not really because 老細 is always quite 闊佬.
Hives - Part 2 (Dec. 17)
Woke up to more hives after 4 days of being off Reactine. Since I had ran out after my last course, I popped a couple of Benedryl and was a walking zombie all day. I managed to pick up some more Reactine from 姐夫 right before heading into Pickering with Larry for a business related mini Christmas Party. l was back on 20mg per day per 姐夫. I'm thinking, why me? At this point, I'm starting to wonder if I'm allergic to shrimp and lobster since I had it for dinner the night before at 名門金宴. Sobs...
Being smart, I stayed away from all shrimp at the Greenpark party. As usual, we had a great time and ate lots of great food. Honourable mentions were definitely the veal chop and the specialty coffee at the end with all the whipped cream. YUM!! and of course... open bar. Kwaakakakakaka!!!
Now, only one more day before the Christmas break...




No comments:
Post a Comment