Thursday, November 11, 2010

La Tour Eiffel, La Tour Eiffel ...

La Tour Eiffel, La Tour Eiffel 沒法抵償的心, 已失落於巴黎鐵塔下

Nov.10.10 - 7:58p

How 擺烏龍 is this? Our original last minute Vegas trip just turned into a Paris vacation! Our plan was to head to sunny Las Vegas for the weekend and catch a few shows and soak in some sunshine. Since we "couldn't get on the Vegas flight", Meishan, Tinlop and I decided last minute to fly to Paris and 食個 lunch. Tee hee. This flight is pretty empty, with Mei and I each hogging an entire row of seats to ourselves. Boarding was supposed to have started at 7:15p but for some reason, we were just let on. Now we're patiently waiting for the plane to take off. (8:04p)

Nov. 10.10 - 10:48p

Wah wah wah! 細V wasn't kidding when she said she was crying watching Toy Story 3. I was bawling! Dinner was served shortly after I woke up from a nap at around 9ish, and since 電視撈飯 is the only way to go on a flight, I decided to watch Toy Story 3. Great movie.

Dinner was a really boring penne with chicken. Can't complain I guess, since it was actually semi palatable. It's actually going to be quite a while before we land so I might as well try and sleep. (10:56pm)

Nov.12.10 - 1:21am Paris time

We're now back at the hotel after a bit of wet Paris goodness.

To recap the rest of the day, I threw up twice before landing because I actually thought I could get away with not taking any Gravol. That was a stupid idea. Landed at Aéroport Paris-Charles de Gaulle pretty much on time at 10a-ish and walked a very, very long walk before getting out of airport. OMG, it's cold!!! and wet...eeek! Bought our subway passes and took the subway out to our hotel, which we didn't have much difficulty finding. Enroute, we encountered our first "subway performer" and got suckered into giving him money. We had no clue, LOL~! Mind you, we had no euro either, so we gave him US change. He wasn't too pleased with that, haha! They're everywhere though. After the first encounter, we knew better and didn't bother giving out any more money. In one day, we saw 2 singers, 1 clarinet player and 1 accordion duet. These "performers" are pretty aggressive! I wonder if they have real jobs.

Had McD's for lunch after getting some euro at freaking 1.5. Much better than Rome I guess...so expensive! Especially when I know the exchange rate is only 1.38. Ripped off once again, but at least I wasn't raped. We saw the Arc de Triomph and la Tour Eiffel in the dark and in the rain. We'll go back tomorrow to see it in daylight after we visit the Louvre.

Ate dinner at a cafe (Cafe Kleber) for 18euro (tomato & cheese salad and onion soup only...) but really wanna try Au Pied de Cochon tomorrow!

Before heading back to the hotel, we stopped at a "convenience store" that they called a marche to grab a very yummy (and relatively inexpensive) peach flavoured Schwepps! Yum! Chor'd some dee to kill time and laughed hysterically at Meishan's attempt to put on body lotion but later found out it was actually Dove body wash. LOL~!

Now I'm exhausted. (1:52a)

No comments: