Just about to go to sleep after 6+hrs of girl talk and gossip! Still jet lagged? Or is it the tea at dinnertime? Maybe has something to do with the fact that we didn't get up until after 11am today!
Our first full day in the romantic city of Paris started kinda late. Funny how this trip is entirely "un" frantic. I'm pretty positive that the weather has everything to do with that! We were lucky to just have a slight drizzle here and there today so I was able to bring out the camera. I suppose that is a win. Not being able to take photos while away on vacation in a city worth using 12375124383 rolls of film really sucks, you know?
After lunch we went to check out the Cathedrale de Notre-Dame. Nothing compared to the St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City, but it's the same idea. We strolled along the streets a bit before we decided to head back to Louvre for the evening admission special of 6€! That's a wonderful savings of 3€ per person! Although it's still not enough to cover the bottle of water we had for lunch :(
At the entrance to Louvre, we stopped at the Apple Store (how conveniently located) to charge my pod, which was running very low on juice, since we weren't prepared to come to Paris!! LOL!
Spent a few hours at Louvre and damn, Ms. Mona is not that impressive... I still think she's fake. By the time we got to the sculptures area of the museum, Tinlop and I were so tired, we left Meishan to go off by herself to take photos of what seem like every naked 16 feet tall man and woman portrayed in a sculpture. Sigh, I'm so not artsy...
Dinner time rolled along and we ended up at a Chinese food restaurant (called Auberge du something, LOL) since the cafe we wanted to try only opened for tea. We were definitely happy to be able to communicate freely with the servers there as they all spoke Cantonese! Win! What's even better is that it wasn't totally chop suey, we actually had 菜心! Only thing we couldn't get over was that Meishan's hot water cost 3.2€. Yikes!!
We got back to the hotel by 11:30p and after hours and hours of chatting, I'm now off to bed. (5:18a)


No comments:
Post a Comment