Today marks the third year that 文生 and I have spent together!! Time flies when you're breathing huh? Happy ngap ngap-versary Hun Hun!!
Originally, we were going to cook at home (tonight being a weeknight and everything) but since work ran a tad late, I managed to convince 文生 to take me to Octagon for steak! Not having much anticipation for this restaurant based on reviews and such, but having a teeny tiny urge to try it anyway, I've concluded that it is indeed a tad overrated. The 24oz porterhouse was good I suppose, but is priced just a bit on the high side at $47. 文生's 16oz rib eye was better tasting but still pricey at $43. The kicker of the entire night was definitely the $35 shrimp cocktail that had all of FOUR shrimp. Mind you the shrimp were massive but at nine bucks a shrimp, I'll make it at home! Not to mention the seafood sauce suck crap! Not a single server cracked the tiniest of a smile all night and their "politeness" was just plain fake. Of course, this being our anniversary dinner, I still had a wonderful time criticizing the restaurant in 文生's companion. Am I upset at the experience? Not one bit. Will I go back again? Probably...not.
I really wanted to go try out LOLO tonight (based on 細V's raving review). Damn them for not having seats on a Wednesday night!! Now that I've spent enough money to have me eating bird grains for the next few months, I think I'll have to wait for Summerlicious to check out LOLO.
I'm ranting, but I'm still giddy...hahaha~! 愛情嘅魔力! 文生嘅魅力! (想嘔未?)
#123 Stairway to Mountain
11 years ago



1 comment:
well.. for sure you will be more full going to octagon as oppose to lolo... their steak might be less than 6 oz...
40oz of steak together is alot of steak...
Post a Comment