**********
(post started March 12, 2014)
Sometimes I really wonder if I'm going to die of a heart attack or stroke. I'm always so uptight with so many things that send my blood pressure through the roof. Lately, there's been too many things that got on my nerves... so many, that it deserves an entire blog post devoted to it.
In no particular order:
Retail Stupidity
People who know me well know how much I hate dealing with half-brained people. I just can't tolerate stupidity, especially when said doorknobs are snobby/snooty. 話説 some idiot merchandiser at Target misprinted a few price labels (for two consecutive weeks, mind you. Tells you what kind of doorknobs Target hires) and someone took photos and posted them on RFD. Said labels gave people the opportunity to price match and effectively save $55 off the premier version of TurboTax, making it a whopping $15 only. Every year, I wait until SIG sells the standard version of TurboTax for $10 before buying it so for an extra $5, I decided it was worth my while to try PM-ing. After all, there were numerous success stories reported so what have I to lose?
Well.
Let me begin by saying I have never... ever... spent 2.5 hours doing a price match. EVER. Needless to say, I was pissed.
To make the really long story short, the rep at Best Buy was nice enough to try and score me the PM, while protecting his job at the same time (aka, doing his job properly) so he spent a good 15 minutes or so searching the retarded and crippled Target website for pricing info. That didn't work, since Target's website is retarded and crippled. I mentioned that already.
Phone Call 1 - Hillcrest Target
On hold for at least 45 minutes
Once someone picked up, he exclaimed that not a single Target in Canada carries the premier version of TurboTax (so they do in the US? It's Canadian tax software, duh?). Both the BB rep and I told him we have a picture of a Target price tag showing the product and price. Target guy says the label must belong to another store, not his. We ask what store it's for, he said Cloverdale. At this point, 1.5hrs.
Phone Call 2 - Cloverdale Target
On hold for 10 minutes (does anyone work at Target??)
BB rep asks for someone in electronics... on hold again (WTF)
Asks to confirm price and was told his store doesn't carry software. Period. Both the BB rep and I were doubtful. BB rep asks that he checks his system and magically, they carry it, but must be out of stock and cannot confirm price. Both BB rep and I are now very frustrated (more so me since it's way past dinnertime now). We ask that Target rep confirm price on tag and offered to fax him copy for reference. He declined. Asked him why he can't confirm price of a tag from his store. Here's the kicker: it's not his store. I just about fainted. Puts me on hold to check store number and comes back saying the store is in Ottawa. He's positive because he even called the store to confirm. Fine. 2hr mark.
I am royally pissed. BB rep needs to get to the bottom of this stupidity so he can use it in the store's future training. He feels sorry for me.
I feel sorry for me.
At this point, we've all determined that whoever printed the label put the wrong item description on with a price and barcode that belonged to the standard version. All the BB rep was looking for was an answer from a Target employee to say they'd honour the price so that he could proceed with giving me the discount.
Phone Call 3 - Ottawa Target
Doorknob 3 was the worst. He got into an argument with me. After the same schpeel for the third time in trying to establish the product in question, I asked whether they would honour their own error.
Me: If your store priced a product incorrectly, will you honour the price?
DK3: No.
Me: WHAT?!? What is your store policy?
DK3: No, we can't give you the price for something we don't carry.
Me: That's not what I'm asking. Let's say you priced a carton of milk incorrectly someone goes to pay and it scans differently. Are you going to honour that price?
DK3: No. Now you're being unreasonable and comparing apples to oranges.
.
.
.
After some further unnecessary exchange, doorknob 3 asked that the BB rep REPHRASE his question so that he can answer it so that he's "comparing apples to apples". I passed the phone over and the BB rep looked at me with a WTF expression, rephrased his question and finally got the answer I've been waiting for after 2.5 hours.
BB rep: Now how many copies of this do you want? You sure you don't need like 5 after all we've been through?
I lost 2.5 hours of my life that I'm never going to recover, just to pay for a program to effectively give more money to the government. Something doesn't even sound right. *shake my head
If I wasn't so busy at work (and exhausted) around the time of the incident I would have totally caused a stink with Target head office. Especially since the idiots at that store made the same mistake the following week and printed the same shelf tag.
目無法紀
I even get upset with things that do not directly relate to me. How am I going to survive the inevitable? There are inconsiderate people everywhere and I'm aware of that. I know I can't change the world either. Which makes me wonder why I get so worked up over other peoples' stupidity and inconsideration.
Purchaser called to complain he couldn't take his things out of a locker that's owned by someone else. Wut? So you used someone's locker without consent and you have the nerve to complain? Then he went ahead and cut off the lock to take his stuff back. Erm, can we say trespassing? I have no respect for these people. IDIOT.
Anti-Opinion-ers (aka Askholes)
I really hate it when time after time, I'm approached for an opinion in which I spend x amount of time to research an answer and the person does the exact opposite. I'm not naming names but this infamous person does it ALL THE TIME! 文生 asks me why I bother giving advice when I know the outcome is going to be the contrary. Sometimes I ask myself the same thing. Gotta stop being so 熱心. Always comes back to bite me in the ass.
Liars
Then there are the liars that call me periodically to complain and when I call out their lies they turn around and tell me I'm not high enough in the company to make decisions so I should let them talk to someone else. Then why freaking call me in the first place?
**********
I so need to vent. Unfortunately, it's 3am and I'm just rambling on and on. Might as well get this over with. That, or I stab myself with a fork again, LOL. Gotta release my frustrations somehow. Sigh.
March was just bad. I worked 3 openings, 3 weeks straight; 文生 has been sick for a month; he got CLM sick and he was throwing up, having fevers, coughing up cur jam everywhere, and didn't eat for 9 days; got mom sick; got me sick; got CLM sick again; and guess what? 文生's still sick. It's April 8th. FML.
There's so much I want/need to do but I just can't get my mind around to doing it, especially with a household full of sick people. My Roomba is not going to fix itself anytime soon, ya know... and when people say 禍不單行? They're right. The day I decide to roll down my window, happens to be a freaking cold one, and it decides not to roll back up. Same day, 文生's brilliant mom drives his car 20km... with... a... flat... tire. Six hundred dollars worth of repairs later...
Over a bottle of wine (or two), I'm going to have to eventually go down my bucket list and check some things off:
- Service my poor roomba
- Catch up with CLM's pic-a-day as I'm a full month behind :(
- Finish my jumping clay terracotta warrior
- Start and catch up with P365-2014 (don't think this will ever happen)
- Finish blogging HK/TW 2013 - down to the last 3 days
- Bake something, anything
- Go on vacation
- Catch up with blogging - so many things I should be writing about, yet I chose to complain :(
- Take my poor buggy in for a long overdue oil change
/rant


4 comments:
Holy cow.. hang in there my dear!!
holy cow! Hang in there my dear
Not trying to annoy you with 2 comments.. but i haven't post comment on blogs for a while.. getting rusty... :P
Yikes! Hang in there. BIG Hug. HUGE Hug.
Post a Comment