Sunday, September 2, 2012

Another Allergy

Poor CLM!  Broke out in hives tonight after 3 baby spoonfuls of wheat cereal with mixed fruit.  Weird thing is, he's had an entire box of wheat cereal (the add milk kind) already so he is either allergic to the milk powder or the fruit that's in this box (the add water kind).  What's even weirder is that he's eaten the new box for a whole week already!  What da...

So I thought maybe it's the barley that he's allergic to since it's a new thing that we started him on this week but he was fine all day up to the mere seconds after eating the cereal.  The rash started around his mouth, then his face, spread to behind his ears, neck.  Then the hives kicked in on his back, legs, arms....OMG poor Curtasee!  I hate seeing him so miserable!  So far, it's been 3.5 hours and the hives are still visible on his arms and legs but the rash on his face is pretty much gone.

I still recall my own hives episodes *shudder so I know how nasty it is to have them.  I FEEL HORRIBLE!!  Good thing they don't seem to be bothering him very much so I haven't resorted to giving him Benedryl yet.  For sure if the hives aren't gone by morning that I'm grabbing the medicine dropper!!

No comments: