
Oct. 2 - 11:03a during flight
Wow, what a take off. Guess we're going to Hong Kong afterall. This morning Tinlop sms'd to let us know that we're flying direct which is great since travelling via Vancouver would be more expensive and much longer. I thought things were looking good! So I got up just after 7:00a to get ready for the airport by 8:30a as requested by Tinlop. 文生 decided to wait with me, awwwwww, and walk me to the gates this time (he never did this before), so we sat by the Starbucks waiting for Tinlop and Meishan to arrive.
Tinlop had this mischievous look when he arrived and told us that the flight was completely full! Wow! The flights going to Vancouver were completely oversold so he decided we'd see if we'd get lucky to get on the direct flight, despite the lack of seats. Lo and behold, we got on! Like Mario always says: "you guys always get on!" Lol!
We took off at about 10:15a and shortly after, we encountered a bit of stomach upsetting turbulence. Wow, it was quite bumpy to say the least! I hope I can manage since I'm not taking any Gravol whatsoever. After sipping some apple juice and saving the all-too-familiar pretzels for later, I took out the touchpad and started typing. Not bad...the keyboard is nicely laid out and the screen is very accurate and responsive. Now, to watch TVB or just listen to the Hacken concert and fall asleep? (11:16a)
Oct. 2 - 11:56a during flight
Being seated at the very very back of the plane, it's normal that we get served last. Usually by the time food gets to us the good choices are gone (like the congee from last time). Knowing that the pork noodles are extremely salty and soggy, I attempted to ask for chicken with rice and got it just as they ran out! Ooo, lucky! So I chowed down the corn and edamame appetizer and ate the ooh so salty, but at least tender chicken with nasty parboiled rice. It was drenched in a mustard mayo sauce that was just plain salty but at least it was semi palatable. Of course the brownie was toooooo sweet so I left it after taking just one bite. I think I'm going to watch a bit more 九江十二坊 before I attempt to sleep. Should really digest a bit before I gain more weight.....haha! (12:04p)
Oct. 2 - 6:15p during flight
Wow, what a bumpy ride! We've had several bouts of air turbulence on this flight which caused more than just our drinks to shake, lol. Must be the weather... I just finished up the all too familiar "snack" of cup noodles, after drifting off to sleep during an episode of 秀才愛上兵. Starting to get a headache though...not good. I think I'll just chill for a bit before attempting to nap again. (6:20p)
Oct. 2 - 9:46p during flight
Omg, I'm so hungry...but an hour to go before we get our congee/omelette choice. Mind you by the time it gets here, it'll be "would you like omelette or omelette?" Sigh...
I just got up and went to the back with Meishan and Tinlop to chat for about an hour or so. Felt so good not to be cramped up in the middle seat with nothing to do. At least we got some chatting in and I got to stretch. Poor Tinlop's entertainment system didn't work so I switched seats with him and now I'm at the absolute back row. Only about 3 more hours before we land! Omg, I cant wait to get off the plane, lol! (9:52p)
Oct. 3 - 12:21p (HK time) during flight
Final hour before landing! Finally! As usual, lunch was served 2 hours prior to landing and as expected, they ran out of congee as soon as they got to me. Poo. Good thing Tinlop was willing to trade so I saved my stomach by eating some easily digestible food. My headache is getting worse so I hope I can bear the landing without barfing...ewww... Countdown time! (12:24p)
Oct. 4 - 12:28a home
Yay me! I didnt throw up! Hoot! We landed shortly before 1:30p and proceeded to swim through the loads and loads of freewalkers and managed to get out of the airport in record time. Between getting Octopus cards topped up and phone activation, we were at the bus terminal by 2:20p. Surprisingly, it's quite cool in HK! Unlike last time we were here in October, it was only around 25C with showers. Since it was nice and early still, we thought we'd go back to Tinlop's 二嬸's place, then trek over to Hung Hom to drop off my luggage with 阿叔 and then meet up with Sandra and surprise her. However, the bus ride from the airport took almost 2 hours! Sandra was already heading home so I had dinner at 二嬸's and then the very sleepy trio went over to Sandra's to surprise her. Keke, she was surprised all right! I love surprises!
Sandra's son Harold is soooooo cute! Too bad he was sleeping so we couldn't play with him. We snuck out for a bit of Cafe de Coral (Sandra didn't eat yet so she ate dinner while Meishan, Tinlop and I just had drinks) and I bused all the way back to 深井 in about an hour. I’m so exhausted right now...omg....I need to crash... Except I'm hungry...poo. (12:45a)
Wow, what a take off. Guess we're going to Hong Kong afterall. This morning Tinlop sms'd to let us know that we're flying direct which is great since travelling via Vancouver would be more expensive and much longer. I thought things were looking good! So I got up just after 7:00a to get ready for the airport by 8:30a as requested by Tinlop. 文生 decided to wait with me, awwwwww, and walk me to the gates this time (he never did this before), so we sat by the Starbucks waiting for Tinlop and Meishan to arrive.
Tinlop had this mischievous look when he arrived and told us that the flight was completely full! Wow! The flights going to Vancouver were completely oversold so he decided we'd see if we'd get lucky to get on the direct flight, despite the lack of seats. Lo and behold, we got on! Like Mario always says: "you guys always get on!" Lol!
We took off at about 10:15a and shortly after, we encountered a bit of stomach upsetting turbulence. Wow, it was quite bumpy to say the least! I hope I can manage since I'm not taking any Gravol whatsoever. After sipping some apple juice and saving the all-too-familiar pretzels for later, I took out the touchpad and started typing. Not bad...the keyboard is nicely laid out and the screen is very accurate and responsive. Now, to watch TVB or just listen to the Hacken concert and fall asleep? (11:16a)
Oct. 2 - 11:56a during flight
Being seated at the very very back of the plane, it's normal that we get served last. Usually by the time food gets to us the good choices are gone (like the congee from last time). Knowing that the pork noodles are extremely salty and soggy, I attempted to ask for chicken with rice and got it just as they ran out! Ooo, lucky! So I chowed down the corn and edamame appetizer and ate the ooh so salty, but at least tender chicken with nasty parboiled rice. It was drenched in a mustard mayo sauce that was just plain salty but at least it was semi palatable. Of course the brownie was toooooo sweet so I left it after taking just one bite. I think I'm going to watch a bit more 九江十二坊 before I attempt to sleep. Should really digest a bit before I gain more weight.....haha! (12:04p)
Oct. 2 - 6:15p during flight
Wow, what a bumpy ride! We've had several bouts of air turbulence on this flight which caused more than just our drinks to shake, lol. Must be the weather... I just finished up the all too familiar "snack" of cup noodles, after drifting off to sleep during an episode of 秀才愛上兵. Starting to get a headache though...not good. I think I'll just chill for a bit before attempting to nap again. (6:20p)
Oct. 2 - 9:46p during flight
Omg, I'm so hungry...but an hour to go before we get our congee/omelette choice. Mind you by the time it gets here, it'll be "would you like omelette or omelette?" Sigh...
I just got up and went to the back with Meishan and Tinlop to chat for about an hour or so. Felt so good not to be cramped up in the middle seat with nothing to do. At least we got some chatting in and I got to stretch. Poor Tinlop's entertainment system didn't work so I switched seats with him and now I'm at the absolute back row. Only about 3 more hours before we land! Omg, I cant wait to get off the plane, lol! (9:52p)
Oct. 3 - 12:21p (HK time) during flight
Final hour before landing! Finally! As usual, lunch was served 2 hours prior to landing and as expected, they ran out of congee as soon as they got to me. Poo. Good thing Tinlop was willing to trade so I saved my stomach by eating some easily digestible food. My headache is getting worse so I hope I can bear the landing without barfing...ewww... Countdown time! (12:24p)
Oct. 4 - 12:28a home
Yay me! I didnt throw up! Hoot! We landed shortly before 1:30p and proceeded to swim through the loads and loads of freewalkers and managed to get out of the airport in record time. Between getting Octopus cards topped up and phone activation, we were at the bus terminal by 2:20p. Surprisingly, it's quite cool in HK! Unlike last time we were here in October, it was only around 25C with showers. Since it was nice and early still, we thought we'd go back to Tinlop's 二嬸's place, then trek over to Hung Hom to drop off my luggage with 阿叔 and then meet up with Sandra and surprise her. However, the bus ride from the airport took almost 2 hours! Sandra was already heading home so I had dinner at 二嬸's and then the very sleepy trio went over to Sandra's to surprise her. Keke, she was surprised all right! I love surprises!
Sandra's son Harold is soooooo cute! Too bad he was sleeping so we couldn't play with him. We snuck out for a bit of Cafe de Coral (Sandra didn't eat yet so she ate dinner while Meishan, Tinlop and I just had drinks) and I bused all the way back to 深井 in about an hour. I’m so exhausted right now...omg....I need to crash... Except I'm hungry...poo. (12:45a)


No comments:
Post a Comment