Monday, October 24, 2011

Apple Pie Muffins

I love eating apples but only when they're crisp. Once they start getting soft, you won't see me touch them with a 10 foot pole. But growing up in a "don't you dare waste food" family taught me to use up the soft apples and not let them go to waste! (that or feed them to 文生, lol!) Lately, despite being apple season, apples have been really expensive! When I finally got a hold of some golden crisps at $0.77/lb, I grabbed a few of them since they looked sooo good. Of course, looks can be deceiving! They were SOFT and tart. Meaning even 文生 wouldn't touch them. WHAT TO DO?!?!

I recall I learned how to make these wonderful apple pie muffins in junior high school. They were too sweet for my liking but I remember if I cheated on the sugar, I'd get really good results. So after an afternoon of running around with mom restocking on food yesterday (another 橫掃四大超市 kinda day), I decided to use some of the apples, well one of them, to make my muffins!

They were done at 1am, filling my apartment with a nice cinnamon apple-ly aroma. YUM YUM!

so good and chunky~!

1 comment:

可可 said...

Ooooh, I want to try making these too. Can you share the recipe with me?