Last night, I went out with Meishan for hotpot at Icook Buffet. Had the 酸菜魚鍋 and the 臭臭鍋. They were both quite good! The 臭臭鍋 could be a bit more stinky though.
As I was getting out of the elevator after driving Meishan home, my phone rang. Fumbling with my keys, bags, wet umbrella and my phone, I picked it up wondering who would call me at such an ungodly hour. The call was from a slightly clueless young man. Conversation as follows:
~ 12:58am ~
M: I'm calling about the ad you have in the paper.
J: Uh, okay...
M: I'd like to know how much you charge?
J: What number are you calling?
M: repeated my phone number
J: Uh, okay... you're calling my number from an ad.
M: Yes, so how much do you charge?
J: Depends on where you saw the ad... (I wanted to find out where he got my number)
M: Um...it was from the Sun. So, what is your rate?
J: You want the per minute rate or the hourly rate? (Really curious about what he's calling about now)
M: Um...the hourly rate.
At that point, I really didn't know how to continue so I hung up on him. Still puzzled, I thought that would be the end of the 2-minute conversation. As I had just stepped through the front door, I started telling 文生 about this weird call. At 1:00am, he calls back and I purposely ignore the call. He calls back a third time so I got 文生 to take the call. This time, he tells 文生 he got the wrong number. This is the kicker - he then sends me a text message!
I'm guessing this boy is serious for this quote!! If it takes 3 phone calls and 1 text message at 1:00am in the morning, it better be a desperate call. This is by far the most original crank call I've gotten, in the 14+ years of having this phone number. Go figure!
#123 Stairway to Mountain
11 years ago


2 comments:
Hmm. This is weird.. May be there is this naive side of me.. but I wonder if he really had the wrong and was looking for some legit. service.
strange to be calling at 1:00 in the morning lor....
on that note, he called back the next night at midnight...
>.<
Post a Comment