Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I'm Impressed

My MS mice have been driving me bonkers for a while now and I've been wanting to see if they're still within warranty for replacement.  I have three (3) Arc mice and all of them are doing the same thing: while scrolling down, the page will go down a few lines and then go up.  Now, can you imagine how frustrating it is when you physically take two steps forward and three steps back?!?  Now why I keep buying the same mouse over and over again is another story but I've been putting off calling Microsoft for the last few weeks partly because I've been swamped at work preparing for the occupancies at Upper Village and running the South Asian Expo (aka Code fork).  Swamped is probably an understatement since I worked until at least 10pm most of last week.

I finally decided to take a few minutes to call Microsoft just now, the entire time keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get the doorknob that I dealt with last time (hate to say it but that was also Code fork).  That was a freaking long, tedious, facepalm kind of experience.  To my great surprise tonight though, an English-speaking, local Torontonian answered my call after 2 minutes of MS pre-recorded switchboard, dealt with my concern, took down serial numbers to check their warranties AND recorded my info to send me a new mouse (only one was still under warranty), all within a 13-minute phone call.  Did I mention he was local?  and spoke perfect English?  Win!

Now can anyone fix this scrolling issue?  If so, then I'll have a few mice to spare because they didn't ask me to send the defective ones back again.

I hope the new one is problem-free... or is that wishful thinking?

Update: the new mouse arrived on Monday, September 23!  and in red!!!  That was faaaasssst!

No comments: