So Mar Mar comes home from her cruise and I'm uber happy! I can sleep again! Honestly, CLM's roller coaster sleep habits (still) really gets to me. Last night, he was wide WIDE awake after his 1am feed and didn't want to sleep until after 2am! Now the doctor recommended that 文生 sleep in another room since CLM's wakings are negatively affecting his own sleep cycles and thereby jeopardizing his work but unfortunately, that's not an option. As mom went home for the weekend and CLM wouldn't sleep, I decided to go into mom's room so 文生 could get some undisturbed sleep. Which meant I HAD NO SLEEP LAST NIGHT. CLM refused to sleep in the play yard so I had to bring him into bed with me. This was the first time co-sleeping and with all my previous nightmares of suffocating him (and my fear of squishing him), I dared not sleep. And so I didn't. What a fml kinda night, sigh...
With mom away, it meant boring, simple meals (or takeout) as I just had no time to cook. Not to mention I had no 心情 to cook. So last week was pretty uneventful: Father's Day, couple of doctor's appointments, stayed at home, meh.
All CLM and food!
Gerber rice cereal is on sale this week at Walmart and since I got a coupon for two bucks off, I picked up a box for 88 cents. Yay. CLM's pediatrician gave us the go ahead to start him on solids at his four month checkup but I've been putting it off. I was going to stick with making my own baby mush but I got lazy so I think I'm going to try giving him the rice cereal this week and see how it goes.
Speaking of mush, my brain feels like it right now so I think I will go sleep. zzzzzzz..........



1 comment:
Such a happy CLM! Start with cereal is fine. Cereal actually has a lot of good stuff like calcium that babies need that other food may not offer (since babies will start with only one food anyway). Many PDs suggest starting with cereal too, and many babies stay with cereal for a full month. It is much easier to prepare and to take out as well. :) I still give Evan's rice cereal (esp because he gags on pasta and rice).
If you insist, avocado and yam are easy first food to try. Blend and you get the whole week of supplies of food. :)
Post a Comment