I haven't really followed the Elections this time around (not that I did previously, lol) but one thing for sure: Ms. Hazel McCallion will probably be mayor of Mississauga until she lies on her deathbed!! Which is probably a good thing for those who live in 'Sauga (like 細V) since I heard the 89-year-old's the greatest mayor (and longest serving in Canada, at 12 terms) despite the negative publicity this time around.
and who is Rob Ford? Don't think I'll recognize him even if my life depended on it. LOL~! The Ford campaign sounds promising but really, I'll believe it when I see it all happen. Hopefully TO will become a better city and less expensive to live in.
Incumbent Sandra Bussin lost her seat for Ward 32 and somehow I feel good that she did. Although she's been school trustee and then councilor for as long as I remember (since days of elementary school), I didn't know how much of a biatch she is outside of her work! Saw her at Waterview a few years back when she attempted to buy a condo. What a snob!
As for good ol' RHill, I have to now remember this name: Dave Barrow. I won't remember, LOL. Especially since I only found out 10 minutes ago I live in Ward 5. Dave who?
and Vaughan is no longer run by Linda Jackson... but then again, I don't know who she is either. If it wasn't for work relations that allowed me to know the name, I wouldn't. Now I have to remember Maurizio Bevilacqua. Heck, I can't even pronounce it. Somehow, I keep seeing baklava. LOL, I think I'm hungry.
But the real O-嘴, 跌眼鏡, jaw-dropping result is finding out that 廖立暉 won the seat for Ward 3. OMG, he calls himself 暉哥 Fei Gor on his website. Gag. I guess the elections really is a popularity contest, huh?
With my complete ignorance, I'm now kinda glad I didn't vote yesterday. Or maybe I should have. Then again, I didn't get a voting card nor did I know where to go. See, I only found out I live in Ward 5 10 minutes ago...
#123 Stairway to Mountain
11 years ago


1 comment:
MISSISSAUGANS LOVE MAYOR MCCALLION LIKE MAYOR MCCALLION LOVES US.
Post a Comment