Friday, August 21, 2009

Glad to be alive!

I had no clue that we had a tornado warning yesterday. Sure, the sky darkened drastically at around 5ish and then it opened up, but with the weird weather lately I didn't think much about it. I was just leaving the office shortly before 7pm when 細 V called to let me know that there was a tornado close to where my office is. I still didn't think much about it. As I'm pulling out of the driveway, I was just wondering to myself why the rain was heavier when I had to run to my car, and then die down a bit as soon as I got in?

細 V: 「如果見到 tornado 你就閃啦!」

I was driving along Highway 7 with my wipers going like crazy, when all of a sudden a lightning bolt struck just half a block from my car. The light was blinding as my entire field of vision was engulfed in total whiteness. For the second that it lasted (but it seemed like eternity), I saw my life flash in front of my eyes (lol!). I let out a small scream and realized: I'm afraid to die! 點算?!? 閃去邊?!? I picked up the phone to call 文生, who was waiting for me to make it to dinner, wanting to tell him that I was crap scared and that I love him (just in case anything happened) but the line was dead! Then I remembered: worst thing to do in the middle of a lightning storm besides standing under a tree is to talk on the phone. I continued to be crap scared and managed to get to the restaurant in one piece despite being blinded a few times along the way. As soon as I sat down in the restaurant, the rain stopped and the sun came out. =(

I found out this morning that the tornado ripped roofs off houses, destroyed cars, uprooted trees etc etc and it was so close!

I'm glad 細 V called when she did. Fanks girl!

1 comment:

細V said...

OMG OMG OMG!!! that must be so scary being so close to the lightning bolt! I am so glad you are still in one piece!

No need to thank me la.. i should have told you to stay inside the building instead... not to 閃 after you see a tornado...