My Rome trip actually marked the first anniversary of my blog! Hoot! I can do this every year! LOL!The grand finale day started at 5:00am when I woke up. No breakfast for us today as it's not served until 7:00am...poopie. We checked out promptly at 6:00am and got to Termini station a little too early for the 6:52am train to the airport. The train ride this time was actually okay since it was so early the train was practically empty. 23 minutes later we were at the airport. This is it! The end of the trip! OMG, can't believe it ended so quickly. The flight to Montreal was at 9:20am so Tinlop and I wandered around the airport before boarding time.
I saw this nice looking Ferragamo wallet at the airport boutique and came really close to buying it and at 205euro, no tax, it was decently priced. Unfortunately as soon as I handled it, I was so disappointed with the material and workmanship that I reluctantly handed it back to the sales lady as she gave me a dirty look. Oh well, back to Louis Vuitton, LOL!
The flight to Montreal was full so no first class for us and boy did I miss it! I must say I got spoiled with the last 3 flights with Tinlop in Executive First. Little did I know they don't serve cranberry juice in economy!! The washroom was yucky with no toilet paper at one point and the guy sitting in front of me kept bouncing in his seat. He's not even a kid (he can actually be classified as a senior) and he can't sit still! Every time he bounced, the screen on the seat back would slip over my laptop and come down on my panel. Not nice. He almost banged my head a couple of times too! Not nice x2. Our first "meal" was a fish with overcooked sugar snap peas and rice. It was bleh. Not nice x3654. Can you tell I'm spoiled yet? Even the caramel ice cream I had was funny... it was super hard!! Not nice x287423498273246!! and I wanted my cranberry juice! LOL! Okay, it's not that bad.
I couldn't sleep so I watched all of the episodes of Off Pedder that I brought with me and just before we landed (5:12pm Rome time), we had a snack of butternut squash, sweet potato, spinach and ginger pie. Surprisingly enough, it actually tasted okay. Estimated arrival in Montreal 12:30pm EST.At a sunny 15C, it actually felt cold when I got off the plane in Montreal. The 20C+ difference in temperature does weird things to your body! I'm going to have to get used to TO weather again. The remainder of the day was a blur. By the time we got back to TO at around 3:20pm, Tinlop was so tired that I told him to leave first. I forgot my keys so I waited around at Pearson until 文生 came and picked me up at 7:00pm. First thing I did was go home and shower! Then went out for pho at First Markham. The night was chilly and that's probably how I got sick. =(


No comments:
Post a Comment