Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Birthday Week

Since that day I drove around town running errands like a crazy woman, everything seem to fly right by in a blur. Where should I start? Probably start with Saturday...

Saturday, July 25, 2009: First of my week-long birthday celebrations, located once again, at Meishan's. I had lots of fun of course and the food was great!!


Sunday, July 26, 2009: Watched Mr. HK with 細V, Gootoe and Faye E, then had dinner with Faye E, Karen and Meishan (aka celebrate Faye E's birthday, aka celebrate my birthday)

Tuesday, July 28, 2009: 文生 didn't come home to sleep because 太上文太 had to move the next day so I stayed up 'til 4am making photobooks for Karen

Wednesday, July 29, 2009
: 文生 moved all day so as soon as he wished me a Happy Birthday at midnight, he passed out....once again, I stayed up until 4am making more photobooks

Thursday, July 30, 2009: My birthday!! 文生 took me to Nami for dinner and then to Scaramouche for dessert!! I had a Berry Pillow (fresh cream and mixed berries in a light pastry pillow alongside raspberry sorbet). The pastry was so light that it broke at the slightest touch!

Friday, August 1, 2009: Scarborough Ribfest! Had some rib-eating goodness with a whole bunch of friends. Still can't believe the damn fried onion flower cost $10!!! Faye E's mom thought of the genius idea of bringing plastic gloves to the venue so they all had a really hygienic rib experience although 文生 still believes rib sauce is supposed to be licked off your fingers.

This chrysanthemum look-alike thing of a fried sweet onion was very tasty, but very expensive!

Saturday, August 2, 2009: I liked the tray from Taro's fish so much that I was craving it again! So I invited some 識花之人 aka 細V and Gootoe to come 食花... LOL~

We actually spent some time trying to figure out if our tray contained frog sashimi since one of the unknown fish samples looked very similar to frog legs. 細V is pictured here trying to pose with 梁朝偉 from the 1986 edition of 大運河.

So does it look like frog?

Monday, August 3, 2009: Spent the last day of my long weekend at 文生's helping him pack some more and move stuff to 太上文太's locker. Ended up with a sore shoulder and back

Tuesday, August 4, 2009
: Still sore...actually very sore...spent the day at work talking to really stupid, I mean REALLY stupid clients. Came home at 9pm and concluded that someone must have done some pretty 陰濕 stuffs because lightning struck my building and killed our power from about 1pm until 5am the next morning!! My poor dragon shrimp (as 文生 likes to call them) were 生死未卜...

Wednesday, August 5, 2009
: Declared my 2 dragon shrimp certified...sigh...and they weren't even that good...

Well, I think that pretty up wrapped up my last week in a nutshell!

5 comments:

可可 said...

Sounds like a eventful week! Nami and Taro's fish.. yummmmm.... I gotta try buying stuff from Taro's fish to try.

cb-fob said...

Taro's Fish is very good ar!! Don't have to do Nami anymore!! hahaha!

細V said...

Very busy week indeed!

Thanks for inviting us over to eat flower! If that was really frog sashimi, at least our stomach liked it!

cb-fob said...

I should really go to Taro's Fish and ask them what kind of fish it is....

and maybe pick up another tray while I'm there!!! muaahahahahaha!

細V said...

I smell danger...