Thursday, December 11, 2008

HK and TW 2008 - Day 2

Photobucket

1:50am (during flight)
After my nap of a couple of hours, I woke up to walk around a bit. OMG, my butt hurts! Had a snack of a warm "American" burger (it was pretty gross) and a Haagen Daaz vanilla ice cream. 文生 and I finished the last few episodes of 東山飄雨西關情 and now my eyes are tearing. I'm tired and guess what? My butt hurts!!! LOL! Just going to kick off my shoes now and sleep. Six more butt-hurting hours until HK. Hopefully sleeping will make it seem faster. (1:54am)

6:06am - 7:06pm local (during flight)
After a 3.5 hour nap, piggy here woke up for "breakfast". I had a choice of omelette or dumpling so I chose dumpling, since 文生 chose omelette (I'm not an egg fan anyway). Well...we wouldn't have missed much either way since they were both CRAP! My "dumpling" was just one 燒賣, on really nasty noodles with one 叉燒包. The roll was hard and the fruit plate of honeydew, cantaloupe and grapes weren't that great. Yuck. Maybe I'm spoiled from my AC flight in October =p.

Only 1 hour left until HK! That nap really did in some time for me. Keke! I'm glad the flight is almost over because I want "real" food in my system! I was telling Vikki that the best food we had on the flight were the chicken strips we brought onto the flight from the McD's in Newark. I think I'm going to try and sleep for the last bit of the ride. It's so dry in here and it's obviously in more ways than one. The shows are crap, but I managed to play a few games of Freecell. *rolls eyes* (6:19am, 7:19pm local)

Dec12/08 - 4:00am (at home)
I can finally calm down and stop fussing over stupid things. Our flight promptly landed at 8:05pm despite a delayed departure. Things were just psycho from there. First, my SIM card that I bought back in October (still had $121 credit on it apparently) didn't work; then people kept budding in during the massive lineup at customs (lucky for 文生, Peggy and Vikki they have HK ID's so they didn't have to wait); then I thought I lost my luggage but turns out 文生 is oblivious and the person who lost their luggage was another person with the same name on the same flight (yet another one, go figure). I felt so flustered! I went back to the store where I bought my SIM and apparently the cell provider was upgrading their network so I wasn't able to use it. Just when I was going to get really upset, the guy at the counter told me he could give me another SIM for the balance. So I ended up with a new number, and new SIM. Fine, no lost there except now I have to give out a new number. I called 妙珠姨 finally and found out that they waited for us for dinner! OMG, now I felt bad. Since Peggy suggested dinner at 板前 at the airport, I told 妙珠姨 to go eat first.

So 文生, Peggy and I went to 板前 and had scallop sushi, uni, anago and two bowls of 三鮮飯. It had more uni (yum!), salmon and toro negi (what a waste). By then it was after 10:00pm so after we got "lost" at the airport looking for the buses and rearranging our suitcases, we took the bus out to Yuen Long to meet up with the two 姨姨's. Wow, what a long bus ride. After we got off the bus, we switched to the light rail and arrived at our place of stay shortly after midnight. Now we're finally able to sleep, after unpacking, organizing, figuring out how much money to exchange and slapping on a mask. I'm so tired now so I better sleep. Alarm's going off at 6:45am for our Wan Chai 9:00am appointment. =( (4:21am)

No comments: