I come to my blog each day to tell myself I'm long overdue for a new post. I have so much to write about but too lazy to type. I think mostly because blog posts are boring unless accompanied by photos and I'm just too lazy to find nice photos to share.
For the last two months I've been thinking of documenting a "CLM then and now" type of post and although I run the points through my head almost daily, I haven't really gotten around to doing so. Meanwhile, work's been a little crazy, CLM's been a little handful (and then some) and I've still got myself wondering why I don't get to sleep decent nights. STILL.
Abandoning P365 this year after Hong Kong was probably the biggest "mistake" (or relief, whichever way you look at it). Not having to document every single day means I have no excuse to blog. No "me time" to get away from things, which doesn't necessarily translate into more time to sleep. Looking back at my P365 posts and pages for last year always give me a sense of accomplishment and I'm glad I got to document CLM's first year (and life as a mom). Although I freed up a lot of time by dropping the idea, I do regret not continuing with it this year. As CLM grows every day, talks more, learns new things, it's a pity that I won't have anything to look back on. At least I kept up with his "picture a day" so I can still track his facial changes even if I won't remember what happened that particular day. I can't believe CLM's 22 months already and will be two soon! They grow up so quickly!
Lately, I've been thinking about baking a lot. I think I just need something to do so I can claim it as "me time" and a source for keeping my sanity. Not that my sanity is jeopardized/compromised in any way *shifts eyes*, not at all...
文生's been working crazily for the entire month of November and finally got a weekend off so we opted to go downtown, have ramen and then hang out at Meishan's for a bit. Ronna and Meishan picked up some Jumping Clay at the Ex this year and have been inviting me to join them to make things for a while now. Finding out the clay smells like jasmine did it for me! LOL~~ It's so much fun! It doesn't stick, isn't messy, smells great, doesn't require baking, is lightweight and you can basically make whatever you want from it.
This little guy measures about 2" tall
CLM was really cooperative while I made my cutie little penguin. All was well and I was about to make another one and then CLM fell down two steps of stairs and hit his head. The remainder of the night was spent at Sick Kids but at least he has no fractures and seem to be himself again today. 做阿媽真係大責任. I wasn't really freaked out until he started vomiting. Ew... Once again, I am grateful for great friends as Meishan, Ronna, Tinlop and Jeffrey all came to the hospital to calm our nerves and just to be with us. Thank God CLM is fine. I just wish I reacted a split second earlier... sigh...
On another note, the 16" x 20" stretched canvas 2014 calendar that I printed arrived and it looks great!! Originally I was going to do a poster print and then frame it but I found a coupon code for a canvas print that was too good to pass up on so I opted for that instead. I'm so glad I did because it's lightweight and it looks more professional! I got them just in time before the coupon expired so I ordered a few more. I'm pretty sure they will be well received gifts this Christmas!
Now I think I will procrastinate some more and yet again leave CLM's "then and now" post for another night...



No comments:
Post a Comment