Monday, October 12, 2009

Shoes: Whatever it Takes to Get 'Em!

On Friday, Sofia and I decided to go check out the Petite Feet Sample Sale at the Markham Fairgrounds since I so needed a pair of dress shoes for the company gala next month. The sale officially started on Friday so we thought we'd go after work to see what we can pick up. I've never been to Markham Fairgrounds before but I knew it was far when I saw the address: 10801 McCowan Road. Yep, a quick check on Google Maps told me the place was north of Elgin Mills so yes, definitely FAR and in the boonies. It was raining quite a bit that night and little did I know that as soon as you pass Major Mac, the view becomes this:



We just barely found our way there, almost missing the tiny driveway to turn into. Luckily I didn't drive into the ditch as the entrance gate wasn't lit, otherwise it would have been um...bad. After spending a little over an hour in there, I was starving AND late for a birthday party so we decided to leave. This is when it gets funny... or pathetic, whichever way you want to look at it. We drive out of the parking lot, towards the unlit gate that we came in through and came to this:



Me: Wait, this doesn't look right. Did we make a wrong turn?
Sofia: We must have, that looks like a private yard. Back up and turn around...
Me: Too late, people followed us! I gotta try and 3-pt turn. I just hope I don't fall into the ditch.

I get to point two of my 3-pt turn and suddenly Sofia says: "wait, is that McCowan?!?" (meanwhile a few cars drive by) "crap! It is! @($*&@$!" I quickly turn the car back into the right direction and slowly inch out into the "intersection". The road was so dark I couldn't make out the stupid one-lane-of-a-stupid-road-called-McCowan and almost turned into a ditch. Wouldn't have been half as bad if it wasn't raining! I hate driving in the rain! After the turn and a good share of cursing, Sofia and I concluded that it was a good idea that only one of us drove.

All of that, just for these:


Sofia's 戰利品, in red. Reg: $150, paid: $70


My 戰利品's, both in brown. Reg: $100 each, paid: $60 each

Of course, like all women who go shopping; I walk in hoping to buy one thing, then walk out with two things I didn't plan to buy...

2 comments:

可可 said...

I usually see mostly heels at Petite shoes when I went in the Spring time, didn't know they have boots / shoes as well. Nice shoes!

細V said...

It looks more deserted than my drive between toronto and ottawa..