If
day off = yay!
and
yesterday = day off
then does
yesterday = yay?
NOPE!
I've always disliked that time of the year when you have to renew your plate sticker and every other year, have an emissions test done, but this year I got an added bonus: I have to renew my health card, driver's licence, plate sticker AND do an emissions test. So, having to wait 'til the last minute to do everything every time, I finally decided to take a day off yesterday from work just to get all my errands done. I had booked an appointment to see my dentist 6 months ago, so I thought I'd make use of the entire day rather than just take the morning off work. While I was at it, I thought I'd have my annual physical done too since I'm way overdue with that.
So already my plate is full from all the things I have to do. Doesn't really sound that eventful right? Well, let's factor in the constants: 10:30am dentist appointment in Mississauga, government offices close at 5:00pm, doctor only works from 10:00am to 2:00pm on Tuesdays, must fast before the blood test so no water/food (NOTHING!!) until after it's done and must get emissions test done before plate sticker renewal. Hmm...kinda tough and I haven't even listed the places that these things have to be done at! Monday night I spent some time to map out my day and it wasn't that bad considering I would be done by 5:00pm and I will still have time to go to Ikea to exchange my halogen lights that I had incorrectly purchased last week, then go home and make dinner. In a perfect world, things would have worked out well, but since we're far from being in one, this is what happened:
9:15am - out the door to get car and drive to Yonge and Sheppard
9:27am - arrived at Ontario Health Card Services (1.7km)
9:47am - sucessfully renewed health card with new photo taken; paid $4.00 for parking
9:52am - arrived at Shell for gas (0.5km)
9:56am - left gas station to head to Mississauga; paid $45.97 for gas
10:22am - arrived at Dr. Chau and Associates - Britannia and Erin Mills (34.8km)
12:25pm - finally got to go in -_-"" after 2 freaking hours of waiting and falling asleep
12:56pm - left dental office to head downtown; paid $80 for dental cleaning (running short for time!!)
1:37pm - arrived at Dr. Lang's office - Greenwood and Gerrard (44.2km) - whew! 8 minutes later and he wouldn't have seen me
2:09pm - left doctor's office to head to lab at Coxwell and Danforth
2:13pm - arrived at CML Healthcare for blood and urine test (2.0km)
2:32pm - left lab to head to Richmond Hill
3:07pm - arrived at Car Boy - Yonge and 16th (28.0km) - still no lunch yet
3:30pm - my mechanic pitied me and offered me a tuna bun with a Nestea (first things in system all day)
4:24pm - left mechanic to head to closest MTO before 5:00pm; paid $125 for oil/filter change, emissions test, pollen/air filter change, replace brake light switch, replace brake lights
4:36pm - arrived at Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office - Yonge and Elgin Mills (5.6km)
4:49pm - left MTO; paid $75 to renew driver's licence, $148 to renew plate sticker for 2 years and a freaking stupid $120 vehicle tax for 2 years for living in Toronto!!
6:02pm - finally arrived home after picking up some dried apricots and dried cranberries at the Metro downstairs (15.2km)
So, after 9 hours of purely "running errands" across the entire city of Toronto and its surrounding areas, driving 132km and spending $597.97 in support of our provincial government, I was completely exhausted to the extent that I didn't feel like eating anymore. Finally, I had my first real meal of the day at 9:30pm at 南園 across the street from 可可. Even there I got ripped off with my $6.00 bowl of 榨菜肉絲湯米!
day off = yay!
and
yesterday = day off
then does
yesterday = yay?
NOPE!
I've always disliked that time of the year when you have to renew your plate sticker and every other year, have an emissions test done, but this year I got an added bonus: I have to renew my health card, driver's licence, plate sticker AND do an emissions test. So, having to wait 'til the last minute to do everything every time, I finally decided to take a day off yesterday from work just to get all my errands done. I had booked an appointment to see my dentist 6 months ago, so I thought I'd make use of the entire day rather than just take the morning off work. While I was at it, I thought I'd have my annual physical done too since I'm way overdue with that.
So already my plate is full from all the things I have to do. Doesn't really sound that eventful right? Well, let's factor in the constants: 10:30am dentist appointment in Mississauga, government offices close at 5:00pm, doctor only works from 10:00am to 2:00pm on Tuesdays, must fast before the blood test so no water/food (NOTHING!!) until after it's done and must get emissions test done before plate sticker renewal. Hmm...kinda tough and I haven't even listed the places that these things have to be done at! Monday night I spent some time to map out my day and it wasn't that bad considering I would be done by 5:00pm and I will still have time to go to Ikea to exchange my halogen lights that I had incorrectly purchased last week, then go home and make dinner. In a perfect world, things would have worked out well, but since we're far from being in one, this is what happened:
9:15am - out the door to get car and drive to Yonge and Sheppard
9:27am - arrived at Ontario Health Card Services (1.7km)
9:47am - sucessfully renewed health card with new photo taken; paid $4.00 for parking
9:52am - arrived at Shell for gas (0.5km)
9:56am - left gas station to head to Mississauga; paid $45.97 for gas
10:22am - arrived at Dr. Chau and Associates - Britannia and Erin Mills (34.8km)
12:25pm - finally got to go in -_-"" after 2 freaking hours of waiting and falling asleep
12:56pm - left dental office to head downtown; paid $80 for dental cleaning (running short for time!!)
1:37pm - arrived at Dr. Lang's office - Greenwood and Gerrard (44.2km) - whew! 8 minutes later and he wouldn't have seen me
2:09pm - left doctor's office to head to lab at Coxwell and Danforth
2:13pm - arrived at CML Healthcare for blood and urine test (2.0km)
2:32pm - left lab to head to Richmond Hill
3:07pm - arrived at Car Boy - Yonge and 16th (28.0km) - still no lunch yet
3:30pm - my mechanic pitied me and offered me a tuna bun with a Nestea (first things in system all day)
4:24pm - left mechanic to head to closest MTO before 5:00pm; paid $125 for oil/filter change, emissions test, pollen/air filter change, replace brake light switch, replace brake lights
4:36pm - arrived at Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office - Yonge and Elgin Mills (5.6km)
4:49pm - left MTO; paid $75 to renew driver's licence, $148 to renew plate sticker for 2 years and a freaking stupid $120 vehicle tax for 2 years for living in Toronto!!
6:02pm - finally arrived home after picking up some dried apricots and dried cranberries at the Metro downstairs (15.2km)
So, after 9 hours of purely "running errands" across the entire city of Toronto and its surrounding areas, driving 132km and spending $597.97 in support of our provincial government, I was completely exhausted to the extent that I didn't feel like eating anymore. Finally, I had my first real meal of the day at 9:30pm at 南園 across the street from 可可. Even there I got ripped off with my $6.00 bowl of 榨菜肉絲湯米!


1 comment:
Glad you completed everything in the given time frame!
Post a Comment